The Tron F9 is a UAV which combines hover capabilities with fixed wing flight. To ensure vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) the four motors are directed upwards, for cruise flight the two front motors ale tilted forward, the two rear motors ale tilted backwards. The thrust for forward flight is generated by the two front propellers, the two rear propellers are turned off. Depending on the integrated sensor Tron is suitable for a vast range of applications. The body of the Tron is made of glass fibre, the wings are made of carbon fibre.
Key features of the Tron F9:
– VTOL fixed-wing system – combining eVTOL and fixed wing capabilities into an easy to use system gives you flexible operating areas and the ability to map larger areas than has ever been possible with conventional multicopters. Blending the best parts of both multicopters and airplanes into one simple robust system was our goal from the initial concept to the completed design.The Tron F9 is our heavy-payload solution for special applications.
– Highly integrated design – developed as an autonomous UAV for professional use, the Tron F9 is built with superior aerodynamics and rugged endurance. We designed every part of the Tron F9 with your mission in mind. From the finish of the airframe construction, to the layout of the circuit boards, our in-house development team enables us to be in control of every system and guarantee the highest performance with no drawbacks.
– High payload – the Tron F9’s robust and shock-absorbing cargo compartment is able to securely accommodate even the most fragile payload, up to 2 kg (4.4 pounds). Thanks to our sophisticated vertical take-off and landing capability, your sensitive payloads are much safer compared to competing systems.
– Easy and safe handling – a push of a button is enough and the Tron will do its assigned job. The remote controller has a clean layout without confusing switches and levers. The Tron F9 and the remote controller work together seamlessly to get your job done automatically, while still providing emergency override capabilities.
– Longest flight time in its class – the carbon fiber composite structure and extended wing span of 3.5 m (11.5 ft) enable the Tron to fly longer and in even stronger wind conditions than would be possible with any other electric UAV carrying the same payload. We dedicated many hours to optimize the wing geometry to push the glide ratio to an astounding 22:1.
– Superior sensor and data results – the Tron F9 has a 2-kg (4.4-pound) payload capacity for large sensor capabilities. Tron’s payload bay offers enough room to accommodate many types of sensors and allows you to gather massive amounts of data in less time. The eVTOL capability, vibration dampening, and secure housing keep the data quality at a high level and protect even the most fragile sensor arrays.
Max. Take-off weight
13,5 kg (29.76 lbs)
Max. Flight Time – Tron60 / Tron90
60 min / 90 min
Max. Range (Area)
90 km = 700 ha
Command and Control Range
>5 km (3.11 mi)
2 kg (4.4 lbs)
Optimal Cruise Speed
Wind Resistance (ground wind)
Wind Resistance (in cruise flight)
up to 12 m/s
3.5 m (11.48 ft)
Transport Case Dimension
1775 x 325 x 428 mm (70x13x17 inch)