LIS City Modeller
Software product Laserdata Information System (LIS) is composed of the core package LIS Pro 3D and optional packages. LIS is an extension to the free and open source GIS SAGA, providing tools for enhanced 3D point cloud data processing. The software is completely modular, fully automatable (scripting, model builder, C++), is running on 32/64 bit GNU/Linux and Windows operating systems, and supports parallel processing (true multi-threading).
You can build your own bundle based on LIS Pro 3D, each additional package can be purchased individually. Contact us for pricing and licensing information. We also provide a discount on research licenses.
LIS Pro 3D is made up of ten tool libraries providing a comprehensive set of more than 80 tools for point cloud and geospatial data visualization, processing and analysis. Inspect your data in 3D or enrich it with derived information. Applications include profile extraction, smart point cloud thinning, DTM / DSM / nDSM creation, colorization and gridding of point clouds, and difference and volume calculations.
- I/O – file import and export. This package extends SAGA’s comprehensive import and export functionality by adding point cloud specific formats.
- Arithmetic – calculations in 2D and 3D. This package contains tools for grid and point cloud arithmetics, including point cloud attribute calculations, height normalization, multitemporal change detection, and corridor mapping (vegetation encroachment).
- Profiles – inspect transects. This package contains tools to query, inspect and plot transects from point clouds, grids and shapefiles.
- Conversion – spatial data type conversions. This package contains tools for various spatial data type conversions like point cloud to raster tools (and vice versa, including a lot of additional features like different interpolation methods, statistical aggregation, point cloud normalization and classification) and tools for bounding box generation from data in different formats.
- Colors – use and manipulate colors. This package contains tools for color processing like the colorization of point clouds by orthoimages or color space conversions (RGB to HSV and vice versa).
- Tools – a set of versatile tools. This package provides general tools for grid and point cloud processing, including transformation, attribute management, clipping, and subset extraction based on attribute values.
- Thinning – point cloud thinning and homogenization. This package contains tools for point cloud thinning, including 2D and 3D blockthinning, TIN based thinning, thinning based on surface roughness, and tools providing thinning options for virtual point cloud datasets (massive data).
- Filtering – filtering and classification. This package contains tools for outlier removal from points clouds, point cloud classification based on grid surfaces, morphological filtering of grid data sets (e.g., DTM generation), and majority filtering of point clouds (e.g., of classification results).
- Virtual – massive point cloud data processing. This package contains tools for virtual point cloud data sets (an XML-based description of a mosaic of point clouds allowing seamless data access), including tools for spatial subset extraction (clipping), retiling, gridding and thinning. Virtual point cloud data sets can be used both for data dissemination and processing of mass data.
- Visualization – view point clouds and create visualization products. This package contains tools for visualizing point clouds and the creation of visualization products, including a 3D point cloud viewer, an orthoimager and a point cloud photographer.
The package contains tools for the automatic delineation of building footprints (LOD0) and building models (LOD1 and LOD2) from point cloud data. Applications are map layers and 3D city models, which can be enriched with further information.
The package contains tools for structural geology, including tools to create pole plots, to derive discontinuity sets and joint planes, and to calculate joint spacings. Applications are stability analyses and the derivation of block sizes.
The package contains tools to derive terrain breaklines and to calculate surface roughness and local morphometry features like slope, aspect, curvature and shadings from point clouds. Applications are digital terrain analysis and mapping products.
The package contains tools for forest masking, crown coverage computation, single tree derivation, tree shape metrics and volume calculations (biomass, stem volume). Applications include silvicultural analyses and management and the creation of map layers for tree cadastres.
The package contains tools for point cloud and image registration and orientation, including a 3D point cloud registration editor, and tools for the derivation of transformation matrices and iterative closest point adjustment (ICP). Applications are the registration of multiple scan positions and the reconstruction of camera poses.
The package contains a 3D point cloud editor which enables you not only to visualize point clouds, rasters and 3D shapes, but also to relabel point cloud attributes and to delete points. Applications are the manual improvement of filtering and classification results.
The package contains six libraries with over 50 tools for point cloud and raster data storage, access, and processing in a PostgreSQL / PostGIS database. Applications are the storage and seamless access to large amounts of data, from single projects to nationwide coverage.
The package contains tools for supervised and unsupervised point cloud classification, including the derivation of geometric primitives like lines, planes and volumes, and the classification of point clouds into ground, building and vegetation points.
The package contains a comprehensive set of point cloud segmentation and region growing tools, each dedicated to specialized tasks. Applications include the segmentation of point clouds by robust plane or line fitting and the segmentation of ground, building and vegetation points.
The package contains tools for the delineation of line and polygon vector representations from point cloud data. Applications are the extrusion of shapes and the derivation of skeletons and polygonal 3D shapes from point cloud segments.
The package contains tools for the in-depth analysis of point cloud data like the calculation of various point features by neighborhood analysis (including height features, density features, local plane features and Eigenvalue features), statistical analyses and fuzzy c-means clustering.